Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Birthday!!

October again..Another year goes by..

I am at home after a very long time...And For the first time in years, I had a plan for this day..I had a real grand plan..Of celebration, of joy, of love..I was looking forward to it..I had hope in my eyes, a certain warmth in my heart which was new..I thought there would be smiles..I thought there would be laughter...I thought there would be fun..I thought there would even be some happy tears.. 

But as it often happens, things in my life hardly go as planned...I am right in the middle of happiness and sadness, joy and tears, frustration and helplessness...It is funny that it had to be this day..I don't know what hurts more - the pain itself or the joy of my people on this day inspite of the pain.. 

It is not the best of my birthdays..But it sure reminds me of the fact that I exist. And as it goes with existence, you will get a mixed bag..And the funny thing is you are blind folded and so you don't know what you pick is good or bad...

Thanks a lot everyone for your wishes..Thanks for remembering me..Thanks a lot for reminding me that this day I should have a blast for it is my day..Your wishes mean a lot, even if they were just a scrap on facebook or a one line email, specially today..It not just filled my heart with joy, but also with the sweet warm feeling of knowing that I have some relations which stood the test of time..I am sure some of you are disappointed with me or wondering how much I have changed in these years. But we will work on it..Birthday hai yaar, come on,  maaf kar do.. :-)

I am accepting wishes for this birthday this entire week..Please keep sending them in cash/kind etc!!


6 comments:

Varsha said...

Your Birthday is so special for me. And I hate not being able to talk to u on this day as much as I hate it if it ever happens.

We are blind-folded and dont know what we pick is good or bad and the sad thing is it gets revealed very late.

My dearest, sweetest, bestest, friend - love you lots, not only because u r my best friend, but because u r courageous. Its easier to fall in the trap of time and situations, but it is difficult to stand there strong and let it pass.

Megha said...

Pyaare dost

My wishes will be in "kind"..i.e. lots of "kind" wishes for you on this day. I hope your ride around the sun leaves u with much to cherish before u commence on the next one :)

Random Reflections said...

Happy BDay Anusha ! Daagar Me EK Lehar Uthi.....

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Just stumbled upon ur blog for a change... Read ur birthday note and yet again was convinced about the falacies of human nature. Be grateful for what we have in life and be truthful for why we have what we do! Seems like ur a depressed birthday girl! Sad, but trust in the lord. Remember one thing little girl, god's gifted you with one beautiful life and very limited time. So use it wisely in building not breaking:). See ya laters!! And never portray oneself as the little lamb when one truely isn't!! Honesty is the best policy;) especially on one's special day.. Tata..tootles..see ya!!

Dakshi H. said...

It's great...
wonderful...
see me on http://loveamongotherthings.wordpress.com/

Shweta said...

hey,
I hope u remember that u share ur birthday with my favourite cute little cousin, who was named with the leter 'A' (now 10 yrs old!).There are such beautiful memories related to his birth, and u are a part of them. Arpita was with me in the hospital waiting for him to join us in this lovely world and make it even better, and while we did that we talked about u , ur traits (since we were happy, we spoke only about the good ones!!). As usual,I called to wish u and informed u about his arrival with a lot of excitement. So u r always remembered wen I celebrate his birthday with a lot of love and joy.I wish both of u a very happy and contented life full of smiles.