Thursday, April 13, 2006

My experiences with..well..read on!

There cannot be a more beautiful body than the one I am seeing now. There cannot be a more perfect neck either. The body is handsome and fits so perfectly in my hands. The lines and cuts are divine. The tan brown colour of the skin only adds to the beauty.

As I roll my fingers over it, I feel a sensation beyond words and I feel something moving within me. As that blissful sensation reaches my heart, my eyes fill with tears..For my love cannot find any other way to express itself - all other senses are mesmerised..And with the first sounds I realise that something hot is running down my cheeks..I finally have it! After years of yearning and dreaming, I have my guitar in my hands..

I was always fascinated by the sounds of this beautiful instrument (infact, I am in love with all the music instruments I know..). The chords can do wonders and has such soothing effect!!..There used to be a music class near my hostel in my first yr engineering..I remember a couple of instances when I used to hover around that building just to hear the sounds - though they were never very clear..:-) And then I heard my dear friend, Vandit, playing Mandolin..These experiences only added some shudh desi ghee to the desire to own one - some day..

Own one - someday! And it took me almost 5 years to finally have one..And was I delighted! It was like the experience of owning the first bicycle, running the scooter for the first time..Boy! I actually, wanted to dance..:-) But keeping my foot tapping abilities and my general concern for the neighbours in mind, I decided otherwise and settled for a bar of Dairy Milk and some coke for the celebrations..

I found a class and I go there every Saturday..My teacher is a wonderful guitarist..and you know what he did in the first class?? He played Summer of 69..and my reaction? a very simple - Ah!! And I was all geared up for the lesson..I was very confident that I will do wonders..I said to myself - boss u have a reasonably good music sense! This should not be tough..And after some basic understanding of the instrument, I started with the G chord..And then I realised a simple fact - this is not going to be that simple! And in another 10 min time, I was sharing my confidence level with a certain Saurav Ganguly..Yeah I was not feeling any better. I even thought that I was looking very awkward with the guitar..Soon I realised that the strings want to test my endurance..There was a sharp pain in my fingers..The strings won the first battle and got good taste of my blood!! My teacher smiled and said "That should be enough for the day.."

It has been almost 3 months now..I practise a lot and I feel less awkward holding it..The tips have become numb..I guess the battle is almost over..My guitar allows me to experiment with it now..And the sounds have started making some sense..I think in a year's time I will be much better at it..Well, I just hope so..:-)

18 comments:

Mahip Vyas said...

Well written Anusha! :)

keep writin and it'll hone your typing skills...!!!

And keep rocking! \,,/

Anonymous said...

well well..look who is blogging!!!

Write on!!!

Rohan Shah said...

Naheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..... i was supposed to inaugurate your comments page... i typed out a nice one... and u went about moderating it....

nevertheless, real nice post. Great ones the first two paras, so ANUSA has arrived. huh!

and yes,,,,

a good song and a guitar,
perfect recipe for a rockstar.

what say RADIO murthy.

and lastly PUBLISH THIS.

Anonymous said...

hey you have really made everyone wonder what you are writng about, in the first two paragraphs.. quite mysterious beginning or rather quite misleading one..
for the rest of the part, it was wonderful..i also hope your guitar will surrender itself completely, very soon. keep writing dear...

waiting for the next blog in the series!!

Anusha said...

@Mahipwa - Thanks! certainly my typing speed has increased..:-)

@Megha - I hope u liked it..

@Rohan - Dirty Mind!! :-)..Dost I dont know where ur first comment is..i never recd it..:-(

@Varsh - Thanks sweetheart! But there are some here who liked the misleading parts more..I hope u checked Rohan's comment!

main_sachchu_nadan said...

OH gud god!!
Whenever i tried to open a book called ANUSHA, I always found some new chapter added in it.
Whenever i tried to read one poem called ANUSHA, i found more stanza added to it.
Whenever i tried to sing one song called ANUSHA, it has always got a new rythm added to it.
Anusha, how many facets of ur personality r still unnoticed by me.Well I kno it is fault of my observation.
Amazin singer, a very gud human being, intelligent gal ;), charming writer n soon gonna b a rocking guitarist!!!Well keep goin buddy,4 u seems even sky is not the limit.

Sincerely,
Sachin

Anusha said...

@Sachin..

I am flattered!! Thanks a lot..

Rohan Shah said...

sachin forgot to add one line.

Whenever i look into the eyes of ANUSHA,
i found a layer of convex lens added to it.

just kidding....

Anusha said...

@Rohan..ur creativity is beyond question dude..:D

main_sachchu_nadan said...

@Rohan ... hey Rohan aka Crookbond (ha ha..now found a suitable name for u)Anusha ko BE ke baad dekhne ka mouka hi nahi mila.Vaise i hope ki shadi ke pahle u could b able to find some flash to add ur skin(lol .. jst kiddin yaar)

Anusha said...

@deepali

Thank you dear..

Devashish said...

good one mutrhy ...
keep posting

Anusha said...

@devashish

Thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

As your name suggest Beautiful morning, a star ( Don’t appreciate me for knowing the meaning , I am yet another software engineer referring to google) ….we are sure that you will be the brightest star in the years to come . Like uti contra funds we also have identified a potential writer so please don’t forget us when you will be pulling the strings of guitar in front of a huge crowd or giving signature”s on your first publish . In the earlier days fishermen at high seas used to keep track of their direction by referring to the position of stars . So we all wish that in this era also our star anusha will act as beacon for all other software engg who want to carve a niche in the world of blogging :)

Great job anusha . ya at first i too ;like others was surprised but it was a good creation with perfect execution .

Anusha said...

@ujwal..

Thanks for liking it..

As far as pulling the strings is concerned I don't expect that to happen..maybe we could have a small party at Bubby and Jijaji's place..

Ambar said...

do u know di, wat a guitar means. basically,it was a italian word and it means-"smell of the musician".and yes di, the chords tests u for ur fragrance. how it feels wen u watch a bud becoming a flower gradually,exactly the same feel hovers u wen u play it for the first wrong score to the day u play "HOTEL CALIFORNIA"...may god bless u wid all the guitar knacks.

Anonymous said...

When you'd written it, you had already spent some 3 months with your guitar, right?...
So now, 5 months hence, I guess your confidence matches that of a certain Mr. Sehwag or Mr. Dhoni(whoever you like)..though not as brazen, I hope ;-)
And kudos to you for starting with those first two paragraphs(esp the second one)...leaving a lot to the imagination!!..way to go...

Anusha said...

@ambar
ambar..i hope someday i am able to play something as beautiful as the words u have written here..:-)

Thanks a lot for visiting and keep coming...

@shobhit
well i see that u r really good at ur mathematics..honestly speaking, i have not practised much in the intervening weeks due to some unavoidable circumstances..i m practising once again..

i would like to be more consistent more..so i would pick up Dravid for that matter..but all time fav is sachin..dont know if i would ever be able to come any close to him..

Thanks for coming..